02 March 2014

Oui, j'aime le francais!

     I am in my second year of French class. I take it online from Rolling Acres School. We all know each other well and have tons of fun together. This past semester, we worked together and made a 30-minute-long radio broadcast in French. We got to meet outside of class time, and shared lots of laughs.
     Next year, for French 3, we are reading books in French. Some girls and I are considering reading Les Miserables, which would definitely take plenty of time. But we may not be able to muster up the courage...it's a lot of French to read. I'll have to work on vocab. Maybe I can have my fluent-in-French sister help me! Got any book ideas, Claud?
     Now, my dear Reader will probably want proof that I actually know some French. Here's something I wrote for homework (it hasn't been corrected yet so sorry if there are any grammar mistakes) (also, that week we were practicing subjunctive so that's why there's so much of it):

      Ma mère, Ana Braga-Henebry, dit qu'elle avait née en Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. Elle dit à  moi qu'elle a quatre frères et cinq soeurs. Ses parents sont Claudio et Lucia. Elle dit qu'elle etait allée à un ecole Catholique des filles. 
     Quand j'ai la demandée quel sa famille a fait pendant leur libre temps, elle a dit qu'ils avaient montés  leur canot à moteur. Pendant l'été, la famille etait allée à la maison de sa grand-mère dans les montagnes, elle dit. 
     Quand j'ai la demandée, Ana a dit que sa famille etait eu une cuisiniere, un jardinier, un chauffeur, et une domestique. Elle dit qu'elle et set frères et soeurs avaient un choeur, ensiegne par un proffessionel directeur. Leurs amies ont les appelés "les Vont Trapps brasiliens." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blogger account, click on Name/URL and put in your name. [Comments are moderated.]