24 February 2015

Words

Lately I've taken to compiling a list of words I should use more often or at all, in writing or speech. The list has seen steady growth, and I add whatever I think is a cool word. Some are there for the way they sound, some for their definitions, some for their tone, some for a combination of these. 
Here is my list as it stands today:

Awesome words I should totally use

Unlovely
Succorance 
Winnow 
Illimited 
Fervorless
Resplendence
Perdition
Adamantine 
Deluge
Myriad
Avaunt
Ameliorations
Chasm
Despondent
Halcyon
Descry 
Abject
Polymathy 
Blaze/emblazoned
Matchless
Abysmal
Dulcet 
Arbitress 
Soliloquy
Endeavor
Vassal
Archaic
Remit
Relent
Scourge
Dire
Execrable 


Do you have any words you think I should add? Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blogger account, click on Name/URL and put in your name. [Comments are moderated.]