03 March 2015

Various Art

We are in the midst of blizzard, so naturally my thoughts turn to art!
This past week I did a watercolor study of Fra Angelico's painting of Christ Crucified.

The yellow splotch is some paint I dropped...oops!
 Then, on Sunday, a man was selling figurines made of olive wood from Bethlehem to help persecuted Christians in Israel. I showed Mom my favorite one and she bought it for me as an early birthday present!
I love images of the Blessed Virgin with a baby bump.

On Monday I had a voice lesson in which we selected new repertoire. One of the pieces I chose is by J. S. Bach, called "Bist du bei Mir." I think it is gorgeous! I'm really excited to learn it. I don't really know anything about pronouncing German so it will be a fun challenge. 




It has been an artful week! You kind of need art to survive March blizzards. 


1 comment:

If you don't have a blogger account, click on Name/URL and put in your name. [Comments are moderated.]