02 February 2015

Some things over the weekend

After a while of not posting (instead lying sick on the couch) I decided to grace you all with my life-altering words.
This weekend was the annual Tantara one-acts festival, in which the homeschooled highschoolers compete with one-act plays. There were five this year, and all quite good. Better than usual. 
My personal favorite was called Stoplight, performed by lovely friends Ann, Bob and Maren. It was really funny.


I don't have a photo of the winning play, which was set during the time of Louis XIV, in which a troupe of actors put on Moliere's Miser before the king--before the playwright has finished the script. 
Other than Tantara, the obvious thing that happened this weekend was the Super Bowl. We went to the Gerdeses' house, and I had a good time eating, hanging out with friends, watching the commercials, and quickly growing bored when the game turned back on. I nearly fell asleep toward the end--that's what two sleepovers in a row does to you. 
And yes, I was sick all week. Still am. Not exactly a pleasurable pastime. Foggy brains and math quizzes don't really mix well. And with the necessity of staying over at the Kanes' on Saturday night because of the snow, I didn't get a whole lot of school done this weekend. As in, none. 
(I'm ready for the school year to be over. Please.) 
Hopefully this week promises to be healthier, sunnier, and more productive. It would be completely okay with me if summer came a few months early...




I need another cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blogger account, click on Name/URL and put in your name. [Comments are moderated.]