06 February 2014

My Dream

"To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man." 
~William Shakespeare


     Ah, how I wish I could have anything to say that would be quoted centuries after my death! I am trying. One day, people across the country will be reading my novels--I hope. That is my dream--to be a novelist. I'm not in it for the money (not that there is much money involved), I'm in it for the thrill of the ride. The tingle you get when you come up with a really amazing sentence. The blood that rushes to your head when you give a character a great catchphrase or a terrible secret. I like to think that people will enjoy my books and get something out of them someday, but in reality, I write for myself. I express myself best in writing, and it relaxes me. Not to mention it's really fun! So,Mr. Shakespeare, I will to mine own self be true, and I will write my heart out. 


     

3 comments:

If you don't have a blogger account, click on Name/URL and put in your name. [Comments are moderated.]