11 March 2015

Piano Festival

This past Saturday was piano festival! I know you're probably thinking, "Why hasn't she mentioned it until now?" And really that's a good question. But in my defense it's been a busy week, and the weather has been glorious!
Anyway. I played Invention #9 in F minor by J.S. Bach, and Dance Scherzo by Denes Agay. They both went quite well, despite my apprehensions. I had been practicing on the grand piano at church all week, since the piano in our townhouse is dreadful. It paid off. Also, the piano I played on at Lincoln Music Hall is realllllllly nice, so that was a treat.
I got a superior! It was my first time doing Piano Festival, so I was happy about that. Also, we ran into my old organ teacher and talked to her for a while.
Afterwards we went out for coffee and brunch, which was de-lish!



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blogger account, click on Name/URL and put in your name. [Comments are moderated.]