14 September 2014

French class

In French III we are reading novels in French this semester. At the end of the semester we will write a book report in French. My classmates and I discussed what book to read for a long time, because we wanted to read the same one to make for better discussions. We threw around many ideas, including La Tulipe Noire, Les Trois Mousquetaires, or Le Comte de Monte-Cristo by Dumas, different works by Jules Verne, etc.
We finally decided on Friday to read Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne. In French that is Le Tour du Monde en Quatre-Vingt Jours. 


I'm excited for this year's French class! I think it will give us good practice reading French and translating in our heads. So far I'm only on chapter one. It's a bit challenging, but that's what classes are for, right?

3 comments:

  1. Well you all are certainly braver than I am! Can't even imagine reading Jules Verne in French... wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually going pretty well! I have to look up words like every five seconds, but that's to be expected reading any book in French. My classmates and I like discussing it, too.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blogger account, click on Name/URL and put in your name. [Comments are moderated.]