15 March 2017

Solo & Ensemble Contest

Yesterday we were at Augustana most of the day for vocal and strings solo and ensemble contest. I sang sang a solo in the morning, then after lunch sang in a small group and accompanied Tessie for her solo.
My solo was "Weep No More" by George Frederic Handel, and I scored 29 out of 30.
Our small group sang "For the Beauty of the Earth" by John Rutter, and we got a perfect 35/35.
Tessie sang "Sento Nel Core" by Alessandro Scarlatti and scored 28 out of 30.
My favorite part was probably accompanying...I enjoyed being a part of a performance and helping the singer do well, but not being the center of attention.
Overall it was a good but exhausting day!


All in black...musician life!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blogger account, click on Name/URL and put in your name. [Comments are moderated.]