10 August 2016

TAC 2016: Final Days & Dance

After our trip to LA, we stayed on campus for the rest of the program. We finished up the final week of classes (one of the days I got sick and slept through both...haha) and did some more activities, including an admissions Q&A and a "theology on tap" night with Fr. Sebastian (which was beyond amazing because Fr. Sebastian is the coolest priest ever).
On the last night we had a farewell banquet (pasta and shrimp, yum yum!), a talent show, Rosary, and Adoration, before an outside dance. The dance was incredibly fun and I got rather sore! We did lots of swing and waltz, with a little rumba and tango. Because of our previous dance practices everyone knew the basic steps, so we could all join in. It was what I call a "real" dance, which are always the best!
After the dance (so around 12:30) we sat down in front of the projector for a final slideshow of pictures from the whole two weeks.



The next morning I was in the lucky group which left at 6:25am, so I got around three hours of sleep and didn't get much of a chance to say good-bye, but at least I got home at a decent time!
It was truly two of the most amazing weeks in my life. I've already begun my application, so we'll see if I end up at Thomas Aquinas College next year! And hopefully I'll reconnect with some of the friends I made at the summer program.

2 comments:

  1. Dad and I are SO glad you loved your days there--TAC seems to be such a wonderful place for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so glad you loved TAC! Sometimes, it seems TAC gets a bad rap because it is in the very liberal California and doesn't allow students to choose majors or minors. But the education there is really like none other and the students there receive four of the best years of spiritual and mental formation that there are available from Catholic colleges. We loved our time there amongst the TAC faculty families and definitely miss our dear holy priests! If you ever have any questions about the curriculum or need help with your application, my husband Dr. Arias would be happy to talk with you. He taught there for 11 years and loved every minute of it. God bless you and good luck on your application!!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blogger account, click on Name/URL and put in your name. [Comments are moderated.]