22 June 2016

Writing Update

...because everyone loves those!
I'm working on a new project this summer. I'm taking a break from novels and writing short stories! I found this day-by-day guide to writing a short story a week. I've read lots of stuff on the benefit of writing a bunch of short stories, just to get used to opening and closing stories and to get as much writing as possible under your belt. Because a short story is a lot less of a commitment than a novel, it's easier to just sit down and write it.
That's not to say I've completely abandoned novels! I'm still trying to find a plot for my third novel, and I'll probably begin writing it for my NaNoWriMo project.
By the way, if you're ever interested in reading a short story of mine, comment on a post and we can arrange something! I don't plan on posting unpublished short stories, but if you ask you can read them.
Oh, and hopefully I'll be starting up my weekly prompt writing again soon. I've been far too busy up until now, but things are finally settling down so I should be able to do that again.
Now to go learn some honor choir music!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blogger account, click on Name/URL and put in your name. [Comments are moderated.]