02 November 2015

18th Birthday

Today is the 18th birthday of two of my very special friends. This past September marked the 10th anniversary of our friendship...and it has come such a long way! I was talking to them two nights ago and we realized that though we've grown and changed a lot together, it's hard to distinguish specific stages in our friendship. Everything is a blur of laughter, tears, occasional anger, and always love.
One of my worst fears used to be that after college I would lose touch with my current friends. Now I know that's not going to happen. We'll always be there for each other, just as we already have for the past ten years.
And now my friends are 18, and embarking on a new and beautifully unique adventure. Next year they'll be away at college, starting their lives as new adults. I know I'll miss them every minute and cherish the time we have together when they're home on breaks. I'll also probably send them way too many texts asking about college life!
I'm so proud of my friends. Wherever they go to school, that school should consider itself lucky to have such bright, caring, and determined students. I know they will make an impact wherever they end up. I'll never forget the impact they have made on my own life.
Today my childhood friends are all grown up, and I couldn't be happier for them.
Happy birthday, Sus & Ceal!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blogger account, click on Name/URL and put in your name. [Comments are moderated.]