18 November 2015

The second half...

A few days ago, November 14 to be exact, I passed 25,000 words in my NaNoWriMo novel. That's right, I was one day ahead of schedule. Now my total is around 31,500. I've had a few really busy days and was only able to write 600 or so words.
I can't believe we're in the second half of November! The month is shooting by, with quiz bowls, tests, random events, and TONS of writing. It's fun.
It's strange because some days I sit down to write and feel like I was doing really well, then realize that I've only written 900 words. Some days it's the opposite. On Sunday I wrote 1,779 in one sitting, which was a bit much. The most important thing right now is that I have a writing group to talk to. It makes such a difference when you can talk to other people who are undertaking the same insane task as you are, and encourage one another. It's bad writing. It's awful writing. But, as they say, "you can't edit a blank page." So we're keeping our eyes looking forward, not back (thanks to light gray font), and plowing on despite the disheveled trail of abysmal writing we're leaving. There's always time to edit come December.

2 comments:

  1. I finally found a typo in your blog! "The most important thing write now is that I have a writing group to talk to." Or it it a pun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha that was a typo! You can tell what I was thinking about! I'll fix it.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't have a blogger account, click on Name/URL and put in your name. [Comments are moderated.]