09 July 2016

Weekly Prompt Writing

From this week's meeting.

At first, darkness. I lost my bearings as I floated about in the abyss of blackness.
And then I was blinded by millions of lights lining the walls--white, blue, red, and green lights. They lit up in a wave and I saw that I was in a vast enclosed chamber. Surrounded on all sides by these tiny lights.
A control panel of sorts? But how had I gotten here?
I jumped when a heavy thud echoed overhead. They were coming. My breath fogged the inside of my helmet as I looked around in a wild search for an exit.
There it was, far, far below me. With no gravity, I'd have to climb down there. I grasped at the walls with my hands and feet and pulled myself with all my strength. The space suit added at least twenty more pounds to my normal weight, and it wasn't long before I broke a sweat.
But wait. I stopped. What if they expected me to go out that way?
I let go and began drifting up again. I climbed in the opposite direction until I was near the ceiling.
And then I heard another thud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blogger account, click on Name/URL and put in your name. [Comments are moderated.]