16 April 2016

Weekly Prompt Writing

Trying out a new POV and voice.


I put in my earbuds and switch my iPod to classical music. It helps me relax as I start walking in the direction of the town. The setting sun paints the horizon pink and orange.
What am I doing here? A small voice inside me says, You're looking for something that doesn't exist. Not anymore.
Another voice inside me says, You're looking for love.
And what made me think I'd find it here? My dad has probably forgotten all about me. But it was Mom's dying wish...
I'm out of cash, so I can't get a cab. I keep walking. I reach into my pocket and finger the soft, worn piece of paper. I've memorized the words scribbled across it: what I believe to be my dad's address. What if he's moved since then? I thrust that thought away and absently conduct the symphony playing in my ears.
I don't believe in God, but I find myself repeating a prayer to the rhythm I'm conducting. Let him remember me. Let him love me. He didn't love Mom, but let him love me.

1 comment:

If you don't have a blogger account, click on Name/URL and put in your name. [Comments are moderated.]