02 February 2016

Writing Update

I realized I haven't posted one of these in a while.
Editing is going swimmingly. It's much less excruciating than I expected. My NaNo novel is on hold for now while I finish up editing the first one, which brings me to another piece of information: I REALLY NEED A TITLE FOR MY BOOK! I have come up with so many ideas over the past two years, but none of them seems right! It's stressing me out! *sigh* So if you have any ideas, please tell me.
Let me guess what you're thinking. "But Maria, how can I help you title your book without reading it?" I don't have an answer to that, but no one's allowed to read it until I finish editing. I haven't even read the whole thing straight through yet. I think I'd cringe too much if I read it before the plot made sense.


I do sort of have a deadline for editing, though. I'm planning to send my manuscript to Tuscany Press in June, so I'd better be done editing it before then. *gulp* They're pretty brave for accepting whole manuscripts.
I also plan to write a short story one of these days...there are a lot of short story contests out there. The trouble is, I have absolutely zero ideas for a short story (I do have a third novel idea, though), so I've just been freewriting until something hits me. Hence the Weekly Prompt Writing.
To conclude, I will post a link to a post that was very accurate for me: "10 things about rough drafts I learned from my first novel."


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blogger account, click on Name/URL and put in your name. [Comments are moderated.]