15 September 2015

Writing Update

Well, I passed 80,000 words a while ago, but I'm definitely not finished with the story. Can't say I'm surprised. I have a lot of stuff to cut, revise, etc., especially towards the beginning. They say the first draft is the easiest...gulp.
Anyway, this week work has been on the climax! Yeah, finally! (I would tell you what happens but then you wouldn't need to read my book.) I've also been doing some work on worldbuilding (pretty much the bane of my existence right now) and characterization.
Ideas have been simmering for novel #2...I'm making myself finish the current WIP first, otherwise we all know what would happen. Novel #2 becomes novel #1 and novel #1 becomes Unfinished Endeavor.
Lately I've had a lot of inspiration...maybe it's the changing seasons? Regardless, I'll take what I can get! It's so satisfying to have really productive writing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blogger account, click on Name/URL and put in your name. [Comments are moderated.]