01 April 2015

A birthday and a quiz bowl

On Monday was my sixteenth birthday. It was as lovely a birthday as I could wish for.
The day began with a cute trail of cards from Tessie, then a breakfast burrito from Mom (along with the necessary cup of English Breakfast tea). I opened a present from Tessie: a sun hat; and a present from Mom: the newest book in the Penderwicks series. 
After doing rather a skimpy amount of schoolwork (Holy Week is off for most of my classes) I hitched a ride with local fellow-homeschoolers to the last high school quiz bowl of the season. There, our best team won 1st place, my team won 3rd place, and our other team won 6th place. So, a very successful end-of-the-year quiz bowl.
Once the quiz bowl was over we headed over to the Kanes' house for ice cream, to celebrate my birthday plus the last quiz bowl ever for the seniors. We talked and ate and laughed and it was tons of fun. I was sleeping over at the Kanes', and we stayed up far too late not coming to decisions, but I guess that meant we slept well! 
Over all it was really fun and memorable, and I'm glad my 16th birthday happened just the way it did. 
Thank you to everyone who participated in making it an awesome day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't have a blogger account, click on Name/URL and put in your name. [Comments are moderated.]